How Do I - Appeal Administrative Hearing

If you are dissatisfied with the results of the Administrative Hearing, you may appeal the decision at Superior Court.

Request a Hearing

You must request an appeal within 30 days of the Hearing Officer's decision.
Click here for more information about filing an appeal by:  Mail  or Online
To file your appeal by phone, call:  (866) 561-9742 | (213) 623-7046 TTY
To file your appeal in person visit one of these Superior Court branches 

        Civil Division 110 North Grand Ave., Los Angeles 90012
        San Pedro 505 South Centre St., San Pedro 90731 
        Beverly Hills 9355 Burton Way, Room 300, Beverly Hills, CA 90210 
        Valley Division 6230 Sylmar Ave., Van Nuys, CA 91401

There is a $25 filing fee per ticket required by the Court, which will be refunded to you if the judge rules in your favor.

What to Expect

You will need to present the written Administrative Hearing decision at the time the appeal is filed.
The files of the written administrative hearing decision are submitted as evidence for the court appeal.
If you received a financial waiver to attend the Hearing without paying the ticket fine, you may request a similar waiver directly from the appeals court.
The Appeal is a hearing where the Court will review the decision of the Hearing Officer. You may not skip the Administrative Review or Hearing and file immediately for a Superior Court ruling.