Getting a permit
You must apply in person at one of our customer service centers (open M-F 9AM-5PM):
Downtown - 312 W 2nd Street, 90012
Mid-Wilshire - 3333 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 3337, 90010
West Los Angeles - 1575 Westwood Blvd., #100B, 90024
Van Nuys - 6309 Van Nuys Boulevard, #103, 91401
Permit Hotline: (310) 843-5936
Already have a permit?
Purchase Guest Permits Online (existing accounts only)
Purchase and Print here
The city council designates certain parts of the city as parking districts. Preferential parking districts (PPD) and overnight parking districts will be designated with signs. To park there without risk of a parking citation, you must have a valid parking permit. All other state and municipal parking laws remain in effect in parking districts.
In order to purchase an annual permit you must provide the following:
1. Current vehicle registration- Vehicle must be registered in applicant’s name at an address in the parking district
- If leased, a copy of the lease
- If registering a company vehicle, a letter on company letterhead from the employer confirming the license number of the vehicle and the name of the employee applicant
2. Two proofs of residency
- Driver's License (mandatory)
- Property tax bill or rental/lease agreement
- Utility bill (cable TV, telephone landline only, gas, water or electric)
You cannot receive a permit if you have unpaid parking fines in the city.