The CTTC Division of the City of Los Angeles Department of Transportation reviews and oversees implementation of short-term (less than 72 hours) Temporary Traffic Control Plans. Our function is to ensure Contractor compliance with Federal and State principles and standards when implementing Temporary Traffic Controls (TTC) on City Right-of-Way. This is intended to provide for the safe and efficient movement of road users through and around TTC zones while reasonably protecting users, workers, and equipment in accordance with the California Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices, CAMUTCD, Part 6 (2016). This page provides guidance & information needed to submit Worksite Temporary Traffic Control Plans to the CTTC Division. These items will assist our team in understanding the nature of your work, and help us in providing a quick turn-around time for our review.
Requirements For Temporary Traffic Control Plans Submitted For Review
- Cover letter on company letterhead, listing contact information, job location, approximate start and duration of work (for each Phase if applicable), City Agency Permit Log #, Company project #, and a brief description of project work. Click Here for Sample of Cover Letter
- Construction Plan showing dimensions to property lines or other pertinent reference points. Click Here for Sample of Construction Plan
- Copy of appropriate City Agency Permit Application, or Permit if already issued. Click Here for Sample of Permit Application
- Worksite Traffic Control Plan (Conceptual) showing the following: Click Here for Sample of Plan
- Existing conditions of the worksite and roadway showing striping, lane widths, intersection & driveway locations, and signalization or Right-of-Way assignment controls. (field verification of existing conditions is required - include photos).
- Identify any major businesses and/or entities around the proposed work areas, such as schools, hospitals, stadiums, commercial centers, etc.
- Identify appropriate Pages from current WATCH Manual or Typical Applications from current CAMUTCD being implemented.
To initiate a review of your Worksite Traffic Control Plan, (WTCP) please CLICK HERE and provide ALL required project information listed above.